'Finish it, finish it' - Sehwag on Sachin's Double ton

"I am the superstitious kind. I never praise a shot because I fear the moment I do so, the batsman gets out. Till Sachin was on 190 in Gwalior, I was rooted in my seat in the dressing room. But when he got to 190, I couldn't contain myself. I came out and started cheering every stroke till he got to 200," Sehwag recalled. While Tendulkar reached the magical figure in a controlled manner, relying on singles and doubles, the Delhi marauder said he would have finished it off in a hurry. "When he got to 180, I knew he was going to get it, but when he was in the 190s I was concerned. If I was in his place, I would have tried to finish it quickly, because the longer I take, the greater the possibility of me getting out. I would try to wrap it up in three or four balls.
"Also, he was looking really tired: he had been clutching his right side and showing signs of cramping. So when I stepped out of my seat, I was just saying, 'Finish it, finish it'," he wrote in his column for 'Cricinfo'. Sehwag said Tendukar's patience and control over his innings, makes him an altogether different batsman.
Sachin, Sehwag and praveen dropped from 3rd ODI: Sachin Tendulkar, who became the first player in the world to score a double century in ODI, would be rested along with dashing opener Virender Sehwag for the third and final ODI against Proteas to be played at Ahmadabad on 27th February. BCCI Selection Committee Chairman Krish Srikkanth told reporters that these players including Praveen Kumar were being rested.

0 comments:

Post a Comment